We need your help to clean up our neighborhood!
Volunteers are needed to help clean up Aspinwall streets, alleys and parks. Aspinwall Neighbors will provide the supplies needed, and you can volunteer on the day and time that works best for you between Friday, October 23rd and Sunday, October 25th. How it works:
1) Sign up here to register. This will help us ensure we have adequate supplies and volunteers. Alleyways and parks are perfect for a family volunteer opportunity; high traffic areas are for adults only.
2) Pick up your supplies. Supply kits including vests, gloves and trash bags will be available at the Borough building between 8:30am – 4:30pm Tuesday – Friday (10/20- 10/23) or during the Drug Take Back on Saturday (10/24) from 10am – 2pm.
3) Clean up the neighborhood! Be sure to follow these safety protocols outlined by the PA Department of Transportation, wear a mask, and maintain distance from anyone outside your household.
4) Leave your trash in one of the designated areas or add your bag to your own can.
Do you drive a pick up truck?
Volunteers are also needed to collect trash bags from designated drop areas throughout the weekend. Sign up here.
- All trash pick up should occur during daylight hours between Friday 10/23 and Sunday, 10/25.
- Wear the safety vests and gloves provided while volunteering. We are not able to provide trash grabbers, but volunteers are welcome to provide their own or use kitchen tongs to minimize contact with debris.
- Please review these safety guidelines provided by the PA Department of Transportation.
- We also encourage you to watch this safety video, particularly if you will be volunteering in a high traffic area.
- If you encounter any large or hazardous items, including needles, please call/text 412-303-2240 to arrange safe pick up.
- Volunteer groups should be limited to members of the same household. Social distancing should be followed for members outside your household and/or face coverings should be worn.
Designated Trash Drops
Filled trashed bags may be left in the following locations (areas will be marked):
- Dumpster on Field Avenue
- Aspinwall Municipal Parking Lot
- Fire Station #2 (Upper Aspinwall)
- Delafield Avenue under the bypass
We won’t be able to gather for a group photo this year, so we encourage you to share your photos!! You can text photos to 412-491-1381 or email to email@example.com.